How to: Make Toilet Paper Tube Ornaments
One project from my ebook, A Green Christmas, that I just can’t get enough of is this stylish and simple flower or star ornament.
Since it’s the season of sharing (and those of you with kids might be desperately needing a way to distract your kids with a craft project before the big day), I just can’t resist sharing this project with all of you.
All you need is an old toilet paper tube, paint, and yarn.
1. Paint around the outside of the tube. I recommend acrylic or tempera paint.
2. Once paint has dried, mark the tube at 3/4 inch intervals along the width of the tube. Cut to make three narrower rings and leftovers. Fold each ring in half to make the letter â€œVâ€ like I’ve done below.
3. Wrap a piece of yarn around the center point of the Vs and secure with a knot.
4. Continue to wrap yarn at the point of the Vs until everything is secure and pleasing to your eye.
5. Cut extra string and pull open each of the loops on the star. Thread a short piece of yarn through one loop to hang on the tree. Or on a gift. Or off a doorknob.