August Journal Page
I love how my journals become time capsules, documenting the adventures and thoughts of my life. Here’s a scrapbook-style page I made about a float trip Martin and I took exactly two years ago. Thought you’d enjoy it.
The brown bag sticker has a quote from Norman McClain’s beautiful book, A River Runs Through It. (Perhaps you’ve seen this classic Montana movie?)
I journaled the story of our float trip on the back of the page without any embellishment.
- I wanted to remember how Martin drove to town to pick up a surprise (the rented raft).
- I wanted to remember eating cherries and dipping our feet in the cool water.
- I wanted to remember this time together with nothing to do but meander down the river.
- Travel journal
- 4×6 photograph, trimmed
- Permanent markers to draw a border on the photo and write the Norman McClain quotation
- Brown bag sticker
- Double-sided tape
- Nature journal kit
- Red bar sticker from the primary school journal kit
- Hole puncher to get holes in the carbon paper and photo
What would you want to remember about this August 21st two years from now?